Homes For Sale In Boxford Massachusetts
Living in Boxford,Massachusetts ……
Boxford, Massachusetts Approximately 24 miles north of Boston a 24 square mile suburb. The roots of this town, like many were in farming and were once part of another town. As the town population grew the town formed. Boxford was know for the match factory and was also anchored by two churches where, historically, the town meetings occurred. As in local area towns, Boxford was also included in the recognition of Essex County as National Heritage Area 96, recognizing the significant role the region played in the early settlement, commercial development, and manufacturing economy of the nation.
The location of Boxford is great for commuting and offers a lot of open space and hiking trails. Anyone considering Boxford real estate needs to ask: Is the neighborhood the right fit?
Town of Boxford, Ma Residential Neighborhoods
Boxford is divided into Boxford Village & West Boxford Village, This area has a lot of forests and is criss-crossed by streams that empty into the Ipswich River. Of course there are hiking trails that allow the resident and visitor a like to experience this are through a network of hiking trails. It is a town that is rural in feel and there are some small farms in the community.
Government of Boxford,Ma
Boxford utilizes the town meeting form of government, and is led by a board of selectmen and a town executive secretary. Boxford has a police department, a fire department with two branches in the main villages, two post offices, a public works department and a library, which is located within the town hall.
Commuting from Boxford, Ma
Several options exist for commuters out of and into Boxford, MA via car. The town has several transportation corridors that run through the town. The eastern end of Boxford is crossed by Interstate 95, with three exits lying within the town. and Route 133 crosses through the northern part of town, from North Andover to Georgetown. Route 97 crosses through the eastern part of town, from Topsfield to Georgetown. Interstate 95 (I-95) is the closest and offers 3 access points. Mass transit does not exit however, the Newburyport/Rockport Line of the MBTA Commuter Rail passes through neighboring Rowley and Ipswich which is a short drive.
MBTA Commuter Rail train stops in Newburyport and offers 814 parking spots terminating in Boston at North Station (60 minute ride).Population of Boxford, MA As of the census of 2000, there were approximately 7,921 people, 2,568 households, and 2,254 families residing in the town.
The majority of the dwellings in the Town of Boxford, Massachusetts, rely on private wells as their source of potable water and private septic systems for sewage disposal. Water should be tested annually and all septic systems must adhere to the State Title V regulations.
Electric Service in Boxford, Ma Electric and Natural Gas Service is provided by National Grid Most homes are serviced by oil through a variety of home heating oil vendors.
Education of Boxford, Ma
The Boxford Public School District consists of: a regional cooperation referred to as “Tri-Town Union” offering several elementary schools, middles and high school
- The elementary schools: Spofford Pond School; Grades 3-6 and Harry Lee Cole School; pre-school – Grade 2. Boxford Academy; Preschool – 5th grade. Masconomet Regional High School serving the towns of Boxford, Middleton, and Topsfield.
- Students may also elect to attend North Shore Technical High School in Middleton or Essex Agricultural and Technical High School in Danvers. Nearby private schools include The Governor’s Academy in Byfield; St. John’s Preparatory School (boys only) in Danvers; Phillips Academy in Andover; and Brooks School in North Andover. Every year the State of Massachusetts requires public school districts to participate in Standardized Testing called the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS). The test scores are published in the Boston Globe and the
- Massachusetts offers a program entitled “School Choice” which allows students from neighboring towns to attend the local public school if there are spaces available and if the local School Committee decides this is in the best interest of the district. If there are spaces available, a notice is published in the local paper. There has been some discussion as to parents of children exercising this option to provide some compensation to the schools district. Each district is different so, please check with administration officials for the current policy.
The Boxford Public Library is located in Town Hall.
Terrain of Boxford is comprised of mostly land with little water. The forests and meadows, historically used for farming are a slice of peace from the hustle and bustle of Boston. Boxford State Forrest is a primary destination.
Points of Interest located in Boxford, Ma
- In terms of destinations in Boxford there area really only two draws for the visitor:
- Boxford State Forest that have many hiking trails that weave through heavily forested areas.
- Nationally recognized as a “Haunted House”, “Witch Hollow Farm” where Rebecca Eames, who was tried in the Salem Witch Trials, claimed that she was bewitched by the Devil on the Tyler property located on Main Street Ipswich Road in Boxford.
Homes For Sale In Boxford, Massachusetts
There are many types of homes for sale in Boxford, Massachusetts! Each Month we publish a “E-Newsletter” that details the number of sales so you can see the raw data. Sign up for our “E-Newsletter” and get the housing scoop. Additionally, we will set up an IDX feed for homes that are for sale in Newburyport that you are specifically interested in. For example if you only want to see home with “inlaw units” then we will custom make your home search. Just fill out the inquiry so we can get the information to you.
Housing Market in Boxford, Massachusetts
Here are the links to our Newsletters with a monthly housing market snapshot…..
Why Work With Hottel Real Estate?
We only represent you in the transaction. A lot of real estate agents will represent both sides and, we think that is a conflict of interest. Our clients consistently get a lower price than expected and make a good long term investment when they are a buyer. Our sellers get the highest price because we help you get the property for sale and we implement cutting edge marketing programs. Having been an urban planner, background in appraising and a Masters in Historic Preservation we bring knowledge that other agents and companies don’t have. We are constantly pushing the envelope with marketing because if we don’t’ get the results you are looking for, we don’t have a business. When you commit to us we commit to you so, when the time is right for you to buy, sell, rent or invest we are here to serve you. We will be doing this for a long time so, you and your schedule is our time frame. Welcome to the Hottel Real Estate Family!