Homes for Sale In Georgetown Massachusetts
Living in Georgetown Massachusetts ……
Depending on your housing needs the Georgetown real estate market offers many home options. Georgetown real estate offers rentals of apartments, condominiums, and single-family homes. If your housing needs are long-term, the Georgetown real estate market also offers condominiums, and single-family homes for sale. Anyone considering Georgetown real estate needs to ask: Is the neighborhood the right fit?
The urban design is similar to town developed during the late 1800s and early 1900s as they built upon the rotary that was established form framing corridors. This town, too, has five transportation corridors that are “Routes” and all intersect at the rotary in the center of town, allowing for easy town crossings in any direction. The neighborhoods have then settled between these corridors and are suburban in nature.
Government of Georgetown,Ma
Georgetown utilizes the town meeting form of government, and is led by a board of selectmen and a town executive secretary. Boxford has a police department, a fire department with two branches in the main villages, two post offices, a public works department and a library, which is located within the town hall.
The Georgetown Water Department (GWD) strives to operate and maintain the municipal water system cost-effectively and conservatively; while providing a safe, clean, and abundant water supply to residents and businesses for their daily needs and fire protection. Rates are established and reviewed regularly to ensure that anticipated operating costs, emergency system repairs, and necessary capital improvements can be funded with a fiscally-responsible approach.
Georgetown does not offer curbside pick-up. Homeowners must privately contact a service provider.
Education of Georgetown, Ma
The Georgetown Public School District consists of: Georgetown, unlike its neighboring municipalities, has its own municipal school district, and is not part of a regional school association or district. The schools are:
- Perley Elementary School (formerly Perley High School) is a Blue Ribbon Schools Program award-winning elementary school for preschool only.
- Penn Brook Elementary School is an elementary school on Elm Street in Georgetown for grades Kindergarten–6.
- Georgetown Middle-High School is the only high school/middle school in the town and serves grades 7–12.
- Georgetown High School’s colors are royal blue and white, and its team name is the Royals, with a mounted knight as its mascot. They compete in the Small School division of the Cape Ann League, and have a Thanksgiving Day football rivalry with Manchester-Essex Regional High School. In addition to GHS, high school students may also attend Whittier Regional Vocational Technical High School in Haverhill, which serves as the eastern Merrimack Valley’s vocational school. Private schools are also located throughout the area, the nearest being The Governor’s Academy in Newbury.
- Every year the State of Massachusetts requires public school districts to participate in Standardized Testing called the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS). The test scores are published in the
- and are also located at the
- Massachusetts offers a program entitled “School Choice” which allows students from neighboring towns to attend the local public school if there are spaces available and if the local School Committee decides this is in the best interest of the district. If there are spaces available, a notice is published in the local paper. There has been some discussion as to parents of children exercising this option to provide some compensation to the schools district. Each district is different so, please check with administration officials for the current policy.
Library System in Georgetown, Ma
The Georgetown Public Library hosts many programs conducted that are worth exploring.
Terrain of Georgetown, Ma
Georgetown has a total area of 13.2 square miles approximately. There are a few streams and two ponds, Rock Pond and Pentucket Pond in Georgetown. The lots are smaller than other surrounding communities and the two also shares open space adjacent in neighboring towns such as the Boxford State Forrest and Cranes Beach in Ipswich.
Points of Interest located in Georgetown, Ma The Brocklebank–Nelson–Beecher House (circa 1668) is a First Period Colonial house located at 108 East Main Street (Route 133),which is museum owned by the Georgetown Historical Society and there is an admission fee.
Homes For Sale In Georgetown, Massachusetts
There are many types of homes for sale in Georgetown, Massachusetts! Each Month we publish a “E-Newsletter” that details the number of sales so you can see the raw data. Sign up for our “E-Newsletter” and get the housing scoop. Additionally, we will set up an IDX feed for homes that are for sale in Newburyport that you are specifically interested in. For example if you only want to see home with “inlaw units” then we will custom make your home search. Just fill out the inquiry so we can get the information to you.
Housing Market in Georgetown, Massachusetts
Here are the links to our newsletters with a Housing Market Snapshot
Why Work With Hottel Real Estate?
We only represent you in the transaction. A lot of real estate agents will represent both sides and, we think that is a conflict of interest. Our clients consistently get a lower price than expected and make a good long term investment when they are a buyer. Our sellers get the highest price because we help you get the property for sale and we implement cutting edge marketing programs. Having been an urban planner, background in appraising and a Masters in Historic Preservation we bring knowledge that other agents and companies don’t have. We are constantly pushing the envelope with marketing because if we don’t’ get the results you are looking for, we don’t have a business. When you commit to us we commit to you so, when the time is right for you to buy, sell, rent or invest we are here to serve you. We will be doing this for a long time so, you and your schedule is our time frame. Welcome to the Hottel Real Estate Family!